Wednesday, November 08, 2006

This is Harm, a character I designed. He's a big strong guy who's a real sweetie. I'm pretty happy with the shading of his face, but he looks a bit child-like. Also, I think i want to change his eyes. when I originally drew them they were more tilted up and i think that might help him not look so young, too. But that's something i'll work on later, detail work. I want to move on to the rest of him. And I have to give him feet. My sketch book was too short for how tall I made him. woops.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He looks like he's going to turn out really cool, though I agree his face is too child like. That's all we'd need; have baby-face strong man beating our butts. Otherwise it looks really good :)

Anonymous said...

Pretty good so far, very nice shading, but the face isn't very masculine. Maybe make the eyebrows more austere, wider chin, much wider jaw, and add some definition to his forehead, like a brow ridge or something. I think it's off to a really good start though, I'd love to see more.

Norm Dwyer said...

cool. nice start. So is he topless? Are those tats covering his body? I like the render technique on the face.