Monday, November 06, 2006







Ok, it's been a long time since I posted. I've been drawing some, but I've also been really busy. Work extended my hours from about 28 to 37 hours a week. On weekends I've been going off to cedar point in october, up to my old school, to friends, had my boyfriend over ect. Plus now that it's november, it's time for NaNoWriMo. I'm making a valient attempt at it this year, but I'm already behind. I have about 7,400 some words, and i should have about 19,000 at this point. But at least I'm finally writing the story i've been thinking about since LAST november. But unfortunately, since i'm now working three nine hour days a week, and have been having really busy weekends, I don't have a lot of free time in the evening. Drawing this month is falling a bit behind writing.

So on to a breif explanation of the drawings. Blogger posted them out of order for some reason, and i'm too lazy to try to fix it. The top one was done this weekend, it's a drawing of a dragon candle i have, and a little chinese dish that sits next to it. I got tired of drawing about the time i started on the dish, if you couldn't tell.

Next down are two cyborgs from the story i'm writing for nanowrimo. It didn't turn out at all like i wanted it to. I think i might take a figure drawing class. I didn't while i was in school, i didn't have the time and my school had weird rules about the number of art credits you could take if they did not apply directly to your major.

Next one was a really lame doodle that I spent no time at all on. It was really just a "i should draw, but i don't really feel like it" attempt, and probably wasn't worth posting, except that i figured since i was scanning things, I might as well.

Next down was from a couple weekends ago. My boyfriend and brother were playing video games and I felt like drawing, so this is a model out of a magazine. Her face isn't quite right, i think her mouth's lopsided. But since i only spent about an hour on it, i'm pretty happy with it.

The next three were from several weekends ago, at a friend's house. I felt like drawing at about 2 am but really lacked the mental capabilites to think of anything interesting, or draw with any finesse. So they are also pretty lame. So really in this whole batch there were only two drawings worth posting, but oh well. At least anyone who still bothers to read this knows i'm alive.

4 comments:

Norm Dwyer said...

Sheri,
I like the dragon candle and the model sketches. I'm glad you're showing the discipline of keeping your hand at it.

Norm Dwyer said...

Sheri,
I've lost your email address. I had to do hard drive wipe and total system re-install. I lost few email addresses in the process.
I wanted to let you know that my company, Snap2play, has given up our office space and taken our business totally virtual. All principals and contractors are working from home and collaborating via numerous web tools.
So far, so good.
But, this kind of rules out an office visit if you ever make it to Chicago.
It also frees me from any ties Chicago. My wife, Lisa, is a free-lance web designer and works from home as well. This has opened the door to our considering living in other locations.
Norm

Anonymous said...

You've got to get out of this habit of disparaging your own work. It's not healthy. Aside from that, your shading is obviously top-notch. I think as far as a sketch blog is concerned you've definitely proven your worth. Now I want to see you polish some of these pieces -- CG, ink, paint, whatever you want to use, I think you're ready for the next step.

Anonymous said...

Hey,

I keep coming to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]You have really contiributed very good info here sherindipity.blogspot.com. I am sure due to busy scedules we really do not get time to care about our health. Let me show you one truth. Recent Research presents that almost 50% of all USA adults are either chubby or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Hence if you're one of these citizens, you're not alone. Its true that we all can't be like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, and have sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is not like piece of cake. You need to improve some of you daily habbits to achive weight loss in short span of time.

About me: I am blogger of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also mentor who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under painful training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for quick weight loss.